CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Letter Activity

One of my daughter's favorite books is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  And this book worked perfectly today for our letter review.


At my daughter's preschool they will soon be starting their letter of the week, so I wanted to do a quick and fun letter review with her to get her ready.  We pulled out our copy of the book and some sticky foam letters. 


We pulled out one of each letter and as we read the story I had her match up the uppercase letter stickers to the lowercase letters in the book (we just sat them on the page, we did not stick them).  She did really well with this!


After we finished reading, she created her own Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree using the letter stickers.  I would have her identify a certain letter, then she added it to the tree.



And of course, we couldn't read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom without watching it too!  Last Christmas we bought the Scholastic Video Collection and it was the best money I ever spent.  The DVD with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment