CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Beanbag Chair Cover

My son loves his beanbag chair, but the cover has been tearing and now those little filling beads have started spilling out all over the place.


Since I had some leftover boy fabric, I decided to try my hand at making a cover.  I used some cotton flannel Matchbox fabric and lightweight denim fabric (leftover from curtains I had to hem).  I cut them into equal size rectangular panels, 3 of each and stitched them together.


Next, I used another piece of the denim fabric to create a circle that would connect all the panels at the top.  Instead of doing another circle piece on the bottom, I created a hem and added a drawstring.  This would allow for easy removal of the cover if it needed washing.


This was one of the easiest projects I've done and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  My son is happy to have his beanbag chair back.

No comments:

Post a Comment