CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Wreath

I wanted to make a new Valentine's Day wreath and started with this wire form.


I used some leftover red garland from Christmas and wrapped it around the wire form.

 

Next, I cut some heart shapes out of cardboard (I just used old cereal boxes), and some strips of fabric about 1 inch wide.


I used hot glue to keep the fabric in place as I started, and wrapped the fabric strip around the heart, using hot glue again to secure the end piece.


I did pink, white and red hearts.  This is a close up of one of the larger red hearts.


I used some of the same fabric to tie the hearts to the wreath (the tie is in the back) and used another fabric strip to hang the larger heart in the center of the wreath.  I added a piece of heart ribbon for hanging.


I'm really happy with how it turned out - it makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment